Local Law #26
For compliance with New York’s Local Law #26 of 2004, we offer a wide range of emergency action plan (EAP) services, including:
- EAP Drafting – We can design and implement an emergency action plan for your building. This plan will conform to FDNY’s requirements and ensure that your building is adequately prepared for non-fire emergencies. We can also update or modify existing plans.
- EAP Drills – Local Law #26 requires that EAP drills be conducted regularly. Our ongoing EAP drill program will provide the necessary training for occupants so that they will react rationally and orderly when confronted with an emergency. We offer drills by floor or for your entire building, as required by the FDNY.
- EAP Training – We will train your building’s deputy EAP director, EAP wardens, and EAP brigade in EAP response techniques. This will include portable extinguisher selection and usage, evacuation procedures, and fire department notification. Two hours initial training (three for deputy directors) and one hour annual training are required by law.
- EAP Seminars and Additional Training – We can provide comprehensive training seminars for your EAP wardens, deputy EAP wardens, and searchers via our multimedia presentation, either in person or online. This seminar will teach your EAP warden team members their various responsibilities and how to interact with the building’s emergency response team and the local fire department in the event of a non-fire emergency.
- Online Training – Our training sessions and seminars can be conducted online and tailored to your individual building.
- Violation Correction – Should your property be issued violations by the FDNY, our staff will assist you by providing necessary documentation and guidance throughout the correction process.
- Building Inspection – We can provide a full on-site building EAP inspection. We will then prepare a written report to inform you of our findings. We will make recommendations so that your building will meet all EAP requirements.